The Milligans

The Milligans

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Second Honeymoon (actually our first)...

I guess some people might think this is sad, but Dave and I never went on a real honeymoon. He was between jobs when we got married a little over five years ago and we just couldn't afford it. We did go to Little America in SLC, but it was far from exotic, especially considering it was the middle of November and freezing cold. So a few months ago we decided now that Davey is older it was time for us to go on a little vacation by ourselves. We actually decided to go on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. For anyone who is wondering, a cruise is definitely the most relaxing way to vacation. I think Dave was happy to be going to Mexico, simply because he could try using some of his Spanish. Anyways, the boat was fun, as well as the shore excursions, here are a few pics.

Me on the sun deck...



Dave with some fruit sculptures. We took this picture because we figured Davey would find it amusing.


One of the pulmonias in Mazatlan. This was actually our favorite city. We liked it because of its old town feel. We even ate lunch and a roadside stand in Old Town. I had some shrimp that had probably been caught just that morning. It was delicious. A little risky maybe if you are scared of food poisoning, but this is the real way to get to know the locals.


David and I on a water taxi in Cabo San Lucas.

We did a couple of really fun excursions. Here is a quick video clip of me ziplining in Puerto Vallarta.





We also went parasailing in Cabo San Lucas. This clip is of me taking off of the back of the boat. Contrary to my expectations, parasailing is not scary at all. It is really easy, pretty much all you do is sit in the harness and enjoy the ride. It is actually very peaceful riding above the boat taking in the sights.




Just one last FYI, I know you are probably thinking I am a bit full of myself since almost all of these videos are of me, but Dave was our designated photographer. The parasailing was actually so peaceful he took the camera with him, since you don't really even need to hold on with both hands!!

No comments: