The Milligans

The Milligans

Monday, January 5, 2009

A Very Happy New Year.....

The last few years we have spent New Year's Eve in Salt Lake with my mom's side of the family. It is alot of fun, my Aunt Jean and her family come in from Oregon, and I have a bunch of other cousins/aunts/uncles that live in the Salt Lake area as well. We order a bunch of sushi and make some finger foods to munch on and just hang out. It is fun for me because I love visiting with my family, and it is fun for Davey because there are always lots of little kids to play with. As for Dave, I am not sure it is really all that fun for him, but he is a good sport about it and I try to make some of the treats he loves so he can enjoy that.

Davey LOVES playing with his cousin Natalie. Even though she is almost 7 years old she is always patient with him and up for a good time.I tried to get Davey to go to bed on New Year's Eve, but he was having none of it since there was obviously exciting stuff going on. Dave didn't even stay up till midnight, since he had been awake since 3:30 am. I finally gave in and stopped trying to get Davey to settle down. I think he finally started feeling tired at about 11:55pm and settled down to rest on the living room floor. He just wanted to be involved in the party. We let him have a glass of sparkling cider and he thought it was great fun to say "Cheers!" and "Happy New Year!" I was also glad to have someone there to give me a New Year's kiss since my dear hubby was fast asleep in bed!!

No comments: