The Milligans

The Milligans

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Family Reunion in Colorado

This last week our family went on a vacation to Estes Park, Colorado to the "Tang Family Reunion." We went with my Mom, Dad, and brother, Trevor. We stayed at this place called the YMCA of the Rockies. It is basically this huge place that is a summer camp. I guess it is a huge destination for family reunions. There are also a lot of kids there that have been sent to summer camp by their parents. We had a lot of fun. It was Davey's second plane ride. He flew on a plane when he was less than a year old, so he doesn't remember it. He was so good the whole time. He loved looking out the window and looking at the clouds and the mountains. He wasn't scared at all, even during the turbulence.

Davey and Daddy getting ready for take-off!! Notice he is reading the emergency instructions located in the seat pocket in front of him!! The first full day there I went hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park with my Mom, Dad, and Trevor. Dave and Davey stayed back at camp. This is a pretty little lake called Nymph Lake. It was covered with lily pads.
My cousin Andrew has two little boys. Anson here in this picture is almost 5 years old. Yes, I know Davey is almost the same size and he is not even three. Anyways, the two of them had a great time together. I don't think Anson even knows my name. He just kept calling me "Davey's Mom." Oh well, I guess that works okay for me!!!
Anson and Davey hanging out on the porch of the administration building.

We decided to take the boys for a pony ride. They were pretty excited!!

Davey's horse was named Strawberry Shortcake. He still remembers that whenever you ask him which horse he rode. He had so much fun. He wasn't scared at all. I can't figure it out, he isn't scared to ride a live pony, but he is scared of his Hokey Pokey Elmo.I led the pony around on a short trail.

Mah-jong is a game that my family loves to play. It is kind of a Chinese version of Gin. My Grandma Tang still plays at least a couple of times a week, and when she does, it is for several hours. They taught Dave how to play and he loved it. They said he was actually pretty good and understanding the strategy. He is excited to go visit my Grandma now so that he can play with her. She will get a kick out of him, but I am sure after playing a few games with him she will get irritated because he doesn't play fast enough for her. She takes her Mah-jong pretty seriously.Here are Ayden, Anson, and Davey with my cousin Elsie. How do you like that Elsie, you made it into my blog!!!

My cousin Jasmine and Davey.

My cousin Pam was so nice to Davey. She even bought him this little stuffed dog he loves to play with.
We tried to teach Davey all the hand motions to the YMCA. He actually did a pretty good job.

It was fun to go away and have a real family vacation. We look forward to doing it again soon. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking us to the YMCA of the Rockies.!!

3 comments:

Aubrey Jane said...

Great blog Brittany! You really have done a lot of work on it & it's so cute. I can't believe that you've been posting for so long. Islay, Noah, and I had to look at all the pictures from the beginning to the end. Isn't this fun!?!

Aubrey Jane said...

My email is aubreykekauoha@hotmail.com - we'd love to see what Dave found. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hahaha...Davey is sooo darn cute!!! I LOVE that last pic of you all doin the YMCA...haha..I'll have to show Michael that pic.

Oh Colorado...home sweet home..haha!