The Milligans

The Milligans

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A goin' fishin'

Today Davey and I went fishing in North Ogden at the Cold Springs Trout Farm. We went there with my mom and my Aunt Jean, who is visiting from Oregon with her two girls Madeleine and Natalie (or as Davey calls her, "Matalie"). This is the trout farm that my Grandpa Tang liked to take the grandkids fishing before he passed away. Anyways, it is pretty simple. They have fishing poles there and we brought our own can of corn to use as bait. There are so many fish, if it takes you longer than five minutes to catch one something is going wrong. Anyways, Davey was super excited to try out fishing. When I first told him we were going to catch fish he clapped his hands together in a catching motion. I guess he thought we were going to just reach in a grab them.

He was okay holding the pole, but when he caught his first fish he did not like watching it wiggle all over. Natalie is not scared of the fish at all. She was showing him how to hold the fish in her hands and as you can see, he wanted to run away.
He figured his Ho Ho will protect him.
I was able to get him to slowly warm up to the idea of the fish. Here he was finally willing to at least stand next to me while I held the fish. I even convinced him to touch it with one finger.
Here he is taking a break with his cousin Madeleine.
On the last fish he was finally willing to hold the fish (well, sort of) and drop it into the bucket.

It was a great day and even though it was really hot we were able to bring several fish home for a tasty dinner. Yummmmm!!!

1 comment:

Oakstream Photography said...

Well looky looky who I found!!!...hahahaha!!! Now I can keep watch of how you like living FAR FAR AWAY :-) Make sure I have your new address!!!!

Davey is growing like a weed...MY GOODNESS!!!!! I love his cheesy smile!!!