The Milligans

The Milligans

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fun filled Fourth...

The Fourth of July is always a fun time for us. Dave's family especially likes to do a lot of different things. The day before the fourth we had the girls I babysat this summer, the Justesens, along with some of the other neighborhood kids over to play on this waterslide Dave's mom bought for the grandkids. Needless to say our front yard looked like a carnival, but everyone had a blast.

Delaynie and Courtnee were being so silly. They both thought they needed to wear goggles for a while.
On the fourth itself Davey and I decided to go watch the parade in Hyrum with the Justesen girls. Dave's Grandpa Bob always drives several of his old cars in the parade, but I figured Davey is too little to appreciate riding in the un-air conditioned cars on such a hot day, so we decided to watch and collect candy ourselves.
Here is Davey and his good friend Delaynie waiting for the parade to start. He had no clue what a parade is. I told him he would get candy, so he was happy to come along.

He was so funny the entire parade. He had this expression on his face pretty much the whole time. I thought he might catch on to the, "run and grab as much candy as you can" idea when he saw Breanna and Courtnee doing it, but all he did is stand there and watch. I had to point out the pieces of candy on the ground right at his feet. Oh well, I guess there are worse qualities than not being greedy that my kid can have in life!

No comments: